Sunday, June 28, 2015
Managing IT and Software_ Refelection
Managing IT and Software
I learned that when managing IT and software one methodology to consider is called joint application development. This development takes end users, executives, tech lawyers, and developers off-site, and way from distractions for meetings where they work out the details of what the developers will create. This way the focus is on the business objectives rather than the programming details. The most important aspect to remember with joint application development is that it requires the top executives to be very involved in the planning process.
The chapter also talks about project scope creep. This is when you feel like you are never going to finish a project and your outsourced tech project never stops growing. Scope creep is the growth or change in your project that happens while you’re working on the project. You also need to define the beginning of the solution carefully. The best agreement for tech projects will include a change order procedure which the project scope is supposed to change. A good change order procedure also involves a written request for a change. A good tech lawyer will impose discipline during implication.
When you license software you, you receive an object code that only your computer can read and humans write programs using source codes. The source codes are human readable codes and software developers consider the source code to be their most valuable trade secret. A source code is the lifeblood of the software developing business. A source code escrow is when you deposit any other information with a neutral third party. There are many ways to set up an escrow and depends on how much you want to invest. A savvy litigant usually add tech attorneys who specialize in e-discovery to handle electronic evidence
As a “Reflective Practitioner” I would use what I have learned from this chapter and make changes in my workplace environment by looking at the work I do, and the work process, and considers how I can improve. We all should be a ‘reflective practitioner because we learn from our experiences and mistakes. I would look at what I am doing and how others are doing the same thing and see if I can improved the way I manage IT and software. The information given in this chapter about license software and developing business is very clear and has changed the way I look at software in the workplace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment